37 hrs per week, Mon to Fri. Our client is looking for a person who has the working knowledge and the necessary interpsersonal, financial, customer service and administrative skills to assist with:
– dealing with face to face enquiries using an excellent level of customer service at all times
– responding to general enquiries by phone and e-mail
– rigorous and quality checked assessment of Financial Assistance Applications and subsequent communication to applicants
– disbursement of all student related funding schemes in a fair and auditable manner
– monitor and record educational visits liaising with directorates and others as required to ensure compliance with policy
– Liaising closely with other Student Services and staff to maximise vulnerable young person bursary entitlement
– provide support with travel schemes for bus and rail
– distribution of Petty Cash and travel re-imbursements
– providing an impartial, competent, front line service to members of the public, staff and students
– handling sensitive, safeguarding and confrontational calls and knowing when to refer.
The right candidate must have excellent communication and customer service skills, have the ability to deal sensitively with confidential issues, good IT skills, and the ability to work under pressure and prioritise work load. They must be qualified to minimum NVQ Level 2 or above in an appropriate area, i.e. Business Administration, Customer Service, have experience in working within a busy office and dealing with a wide range of people, and a good kowledge and understanding of financial assistance available to support learners.